Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Last week of training

It's finishing up! I took my interview today to see how well I can speak the Tongan language. I have a bet going with another trainee that I will do better, so I was a little nervous. I think I'm becoming more comfortable speaking the language but also maybe too lenient. If I think the person I'm talking to understands what I'm saying, I don't pay too much attention to grammar. That could be bad for me on the test... I've done a lot of trash talking with the guy I'm betting against, so I really need to pull through...

We get officially swore in tomorrow! I will then be a volunteer (right now just a lowly trainee). Exciting!

More soon...

1 comment:

gemma said...

Congrats on swearing in Emily! It was so good to hear from you this week! Post pictures of your new home soon :)