Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Weight Loss!

Wooo Whoo!!! I've bucked the "girls gain weight and boys lose weight" trend that seems to be the case here (and in many other PC countries it seems). In the last few months I've lost about 7 pounds. That's good considering that my diet here isn't always what I'd consider healthy. However, despite some snacks of fried dough, meals of fried fish, and too many soft drinks, I appear to be losing weight. That's probably because I tend to eat smaller portions here and the heat has probably affected my appetite. Additionally, I've started running and I've been sick the past week. Lent probably also had an effect. I gave up meat (except for fish), sweets, and alcohol. Now that's over and I will probably add a few more ice cream cones, hot dogs, and glasses of wine each month to the diet. However, I plan to start working out more so hopefully the weight loss will continue!

No comments: