Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A New Friend

I kind of have a dog now. I think it's a full-grown boy but he's still kind of young looking. I noticed him around my house sometimes usually in the trash pile looking for food and he was a little skittish around me but he looked nice and I wanted some extra security at my place so I decided to feed him. Now he's hooked. Also, the first time I went to pet him, he completely let me. So now he's usually around my house and gets all excited whenever I arrive home or leave the house. I'm having to teach him not to jump on me since he gets me all dirty. He also likes to run between my legs under my skirt, which I'm not fond of. He's black on top and brown on bottom. All the dogs in Tonga are mutts and there aren't really small dogs here but there are lots and lots of puppies (no one really vaccinates the dogs). Anyway, when I met this guy (who I guess I need to name), he looked pretty healthy so someone else must be feeding him. I just give him little snacks as I like to have him around but I don't want to become his sole source of food. Kulei (my kitten) isn't much of a fan. When she first saw him, she was ok. But then I think she noticed him all over me and she got jealous or protective or something. Now when I let her out she hisses at him and chases him off. He's triple her size or more (she's still not a full-grown cat), but she always wins and he never growls at her or tries to defend himself. I think he respects her territory. I've never seen him act violent or bark or anything at all. That's good for me but might not make him the best guard dog...
Yep, the most interesting things in my life involve animals.... (Huge spider in my room last night too and a big molekau (huge centipedes whose sting really hurts) was there last week).

1 comment:

miss r said...

YAY for pets! :) I wish I could have one!